- Takeout Information
- Special Offers
- Response Messages
- Notification Information
This Food Ordering feature will let customers access your full menu and order food in your App.
The Food Ordering Tab will add 3 new Tabs:
You will find the Food Ordering feature in the Manage Tabs section under the "Monetisation" category.
1. Menu Tab
The Menu tab is used to show your food menu, with full categories and food items.
Using a CSV file
The most time-efficient way to create your menu is to import a CSV file.
Click “Example CSV” to download an example file that you can edit.
Once complete, click Upload CSV to upload it from your desktop.
Manually adding your Menu
To manually add your menu items, you will first need to create your Categories and Subcategories.
Use the small green “+” button next to the Category dropdown. Enter the Category name and click “OK” to add. Do the same for the Subcategories if you want to include them.
Add each menu item by choosing the category, and subcategory if necessary and adding a name, price, description and choosing an image from your Image Library or uploading one from your desktop.
When creating or editing an item. you can choose to add Options. Options come in two forms: Priced Per Choice, or Fixed Pricing. After options have been set up on an item, and the item has been saved, the item can be selected in the 'Copy options from another item' dropdown to easily clone option settings onto other menu items.
Priced Per Choice
Priced Per Choice allows you to set an individual price for every item in the options list, so each selection has a price field you can set. Options can still be set to the same price, but if every option uses the same price, 'Fixed' Pricing is recommended.
- Choosing from multiple different sizes of an item
- Adding a range of additional toppings or sauces
Adding Selection Limits is useful for different situations - for example, when using the Price Per Choice option for item sizes, setting minimum and maximum to 1 ensures the size selection is required, but also that users can't select more than one size for a single item.
Leaving the 'Minimum' option blank will allow users to ignore the option (such as if they don't want any additional sauces/toppings).
Fixed Pricing applies a single, fixed price if any of the options are selected. If different options on the item should have different prices, Priced Per Choice is recommended instead.
- Upgrading or adding a single optional extra
- Setting 'Choose your own for a price' options (e.g. choose your own pizza toppings for a set price)
2. Cart Tab
When food items are added to an order, they will be summarised in the Cart Tab.
Within the Cart Tab, you can control all of the takeout information, including the delivery information, loyalty and special offers.
Here you can:
- Choose whether you would like to reject orders placed outside of the opening times
- Set up your time slot duration, which is the ranges of time users would see to be able to order. E.g. 15 minutes will show 4:00pm-4:15pm, 4:15pm-4:30pm, etc.
- Set whether you would like to offer Delivery, Collection, Table Service, or a combination of those options
- Enter the delivery and collection time (Table Service will use collection time)
- Add a general delivery cost or collection discount. For delivery cost you will then be able to enter a delivery cost and price that will receive free delivery
- Add a minimum order value that users must meet before they can order
- Set a sales tax percentage which will be applied to the order amount
- Add a percent fee service charge for users paying via PayPal
- Set up Delivery Areas you want to support via the Areas Editor. This section will allow you to draw an area on a map, enter a distance from your business location, or add specific zip/postcodes to support. Individual Delivery Costs and 'Free Delivery Order Value' can be set in this section.
Credit Card Payment Gateway
In order to accept payments through your App via the Food Ordering Tab, you will need to set up your Credit Card Payment Gateway.
1. Click on the 'Payments' section to complete your Credit Card Payment Gateway information.
2. From here you can select your preferred Payment Gateway from the drop-down menu and enter your account information.
3. Click 'Save' to keep your settings.
If you would like to receive payments via PayPal, you will need to follow our PayPal mobile payments setup guide and then enter your PayPal API details. [Learn More]
You don’t need to have a PayPal account to make this payment you can bypass login and pay directly using a card
If you would like to allow Cash on Delivery or Pay by Phone, select the relevant box/s.
If you would like your customers to receive a Loyalty bonus on each order, enter the % of the Total Order Price they will enter in the "Loyalty" field.
You can also enter a minimum spend amount the customer has to spend to earn loyalty.
You can add, edit or remove special offers as you please.
To add a Special Offer, choose whether you would like it to be a percentage or a fixed amount, select the appropriate field and enter you amount in to the text box.
To remove the Special Offer, select "No Discount".
To provide your customers with a First Order Discount, choose either a Percentage or Fixed amount and enter the amount into the text box.
If your business has more than one location, then you can add this information here. This will allow the option to have menu items specific to certain locations.
Enter the Location Name, the Alert Email that orders will be sent to and also the Printer Email if needed, then click "Add".
You can edit previously added locations by clicking in one of the text fields and remove a location by clicking the red "X" button on the right hand side.
Create your own Response messages that customers will receive on their phones when their order has been placed for collection or delivery successfully.
Email & Print Formatting
Select whether you would like the Subcategory and Main Category to be shown in the order email and print off.
Once you are satisfied that you have completed filling in all of the information in the Cart Tab, click Save.
3. Account Tab
When editing, the Account tab will contain the same information as the Cart.
When a customer is using the App, the Account tab is where they will see their Account Details, Order History and Loyalty Information.
- Details is where they will either create their account, login to an existing account or edit their details.
- History is where the customer will be able to view their previous orders.
- Loyalty shows the customer the amount of Loyalty they have earned and gives them the option to redeem it.