Your app's home tab is an opportunity to push your brand to your customers and also to provide additional navigation options.
The home tab offers 15 "hot spots" for you to add buttons or custom icons that can be used to provide:
- Direct access to any tab within your app
- One-click app sharing via Facebook, Twitter or SMS.
- Directions to your business
- 1-touch Calling and Emailing
Home tab buttons are especially useful if you have a lot of content in your app and want to provide quick access to frequently used tabs.
Editing Your Home Tab
Hover over the home tab to reveal the tab's editor menu.
Click 'Edit Content' to customise the buttons on your homepage and add an image carousel
Click 'Tab Settings' to rename the tab's title, change the tab icon and customise the background.
Home Tab Buttons
To add buttons to your home tab or change a default button on the homepage, click on it, choose the type from Button Type the drop-down menu and edit the Button Text if required.
- Empty - Clears the hot spot so no button is displayed
- Share - Enables app sharing via the devices native sharing options
- SMS Share - Enables app sharing via SMS
- Directions - Provides directions to your business using Google maps if an address is provided within your About Tab
- Contact Us - Displays your About Tab
- Call Us - 1-touch calling if you have provided a telephone number within your About Tab
- Email Us - 1-emailing if you have provided a telephone number within your About Tab
- Tab Link - Opens any other tab in your app, just choose which one from the “Link Tab” drop-down menu.
Upload a custom Button Image or use a standard button style.
Saving Your Button:
Click “Done” to save the button and 'Save' to apply the changes to your live app.
Remove a button by selecting it, and choosing “None” from the “Button Type” drop-down menu and “Save”.
Add a sliding carousel gallery to your homepage. These images will overlay your homepage background and will change every few seconds.
Homepage carousel images can be used for various purposes
- Use as full screen rotating background images with or without call to actions
- Use as banner images covering the bottom of the screen with or without call to actions
For full screen images we advise using 800 x 1920 px, however due to wide range of device sizes we advise keeping all readable content within a 800 x 1200 px area.
When designing Full Screen carousel images, you should also consider the navigation style you plan to use in the app.
Tab bar menu's are fixed to the bottom of the page and allows the carousel image to fit the full home screen and if transparency is set on the header bar area the carousel image will fit to the top of the header bar also.
Side bar menus are accessible via the top left of the screen and therefore intentionally cut the carousel image off at the bottom of the header bar, this ensures the side bar menu is always visible and users can easily navigate through your app. When using your Carousel images as full homepage on the side the advise sizing and safe area remain the same, however we'd advise keeping the Header bar transparency off
Click the '+' icon to add images from your gallery or upload new images.
When you hover over a Carousel Image you will see an additional menu on the Carousel image
Select this menu to set your carousel images Call To Action